Steering of Roaming
Mobile operators are continuously striving to improve top-line and bottom-line revenue in todays hyper competitive mobile telecoms market. Roaming revenues are some of the most profitable sources of income for an operator. Therefore, taking a closer look at how to improve that side of the business is absolutely critical.
One method of achieving this goal is to implement a Steering of Roaming (SoR) solution as many operators have already done and are seeing massive gains in revenue.Order Now
Benefits for the mobile operator
- Guarantee an optimal UL success rate in the preferred networks
- Flexibility by easy configurable white and black lists to customize and satisfy requirements for some segments of subscribers
- Targets are met in terms of traffic more than number of roamers. Subscribers are routed on a profile criteria basis that will ensure usage levels are achieved more efficiently
- Cellusys uses the latest Big Data technology to provide near real-time analytics when tracking patterns of usage and behavior of subscriber and be a reliable source of data for segmentation purposes
- Ensure quality of service is maintained in high standards to differentiate the home network from competitors
- Take a leading position when deploying LTE roaming.
Group operators want to achieve a fine balance of maximizing revenues within the group versus achieving a seamless subscriber experience.
Mobile operators must ensure subscribers will the same range of services as they do at home. Therefore they need a rules-based SoR solution to dynamically steer their roaming subscribers to the best networks in terms of cost and reliability. This enables the operator to send traffic to different partners based on criteria such as:
- Negotiated SLAs for traffic volumes in a bilateral agreement
- Operator group membership
- Network coverage
- Availability of services, e.g. LTE, 3G
The Cellusys Steering of Roaming system is a standards-based solution (GSMA IR.73, 3GPP TS 29.272) that provides mobile operators a highly granular policy-based real-time control system for automating dynamic rules for which network a subscriber will connect to at any given time.
The Cellusys Steering of Roaming application leverages our unique transparent SS7 and Diameter features. This dramatically reduces the signaling load on core network assets like the International GW MSC, STP and HLR. Reducing the burden on these high value resources ultimately provides a much lower cost and more reliable solution over competing products.